A Girly Lunch and a Fishcake Demo!

I had the girls round last week to treat them to lunch. As we'd been to Slimming World together in the morning, I was keen to prepare a low syn lunch so we could all stick to our plans, but this was also a low cost lunch too!



I had decided to throw the gathering to share a new recipe that I'd picked up at a recent blogger event with Morrisons. They invited a group of Northern bloggers to their Head Office in Bradford to give us a kitchen demo with their Head Chef and to launch the new M Savers range. Here are some of the photos from the night:

From left to right: Karen from Help Me To Save; Ellie from Insomniac Mummy; Laura from Are We Nearly There Yet, Mummy?; and Annewen from Ramblings of a Suburban Mummy. The lady stood in the background is with Morrisons!

Here are the bloggers to my left:

From left to right: The arms belong to Claire from Life, Ninja Killer Cat and Everything Else; Cass from Frugal Family; Jen from Mum in the Madhouse. Then Sarah, the money saving expert who was there to present the new range!

Everyone split into pairs to make one of the dishes on the M Savers recipe cards. Here is my team-mate Annewen checking our chops!

That's the thing with us bloggers, we have to photograph EVERYTHING!!!!

...And here we are as a group having a lovely dinner!


...So back to my event, here is me demonstrating the fishcakes! On the blogger night I made pork chops but the fishcakes looked easy enough to tackle and I love a bit of salmon, so this is why I prepared them at my girly lunch.


....And here is the finished meal which was delicious BTW!


If you are interested about Slimming World, each fishcake is 1.5 syns on Extra Easy if you use reduced fat pesto- otherwise it is 3 syns per fishcake using regular pesto. The breadcrumbs that coat the fishcakes should also be counted, I didn't work out the exact syn value, it was tricky as I didn't use much, but I counted an extra half syn for the breadcrumbs. Here is the M Savers recipe card. As you can see, this meal serves two people for a total cost of £2!


I really enjoyed my lunch and sharing my new recipe with the girls! Morrisons gave me a whole stack of cards to work through so I will be kept busy!!

Thanks for visiting! You are looking hot today! x

4 comments:

  1. I had a great time and it was fab to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @needaphone It was lovely to see you all there . Hope to meet again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you there too Jen and Claire! Thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.