The One Where I Was 'Slimmer of The Week'!

I'm like a dog. Seriously, The Sunday Times actually called me that in 2010 when the episode of 'A Place in the Sun- Home or Away' featuring my mum & I was on! They said the show is worth watching for the "Mother & daughter duo who are endlessly enthusiastic and excited like yapping dogs!" So there you have it! A dog I am.

What I mean when I say I'm like a dog is that I do have boundless energy when I'm engaged in something - and the best way to train me is with lots of praise and treats!! I got this at Slimming World a few days ago when I was crowned 'Slimmer of the Week'!

I'd lost 4lbs in weight which was the highest at that meeting that week, and whoever gets the biggest loss receives a lovely collection of low fat foods like fruit and low calorie snacks. Each member takes something in for the prize and as ours is a big group, I came home with all this!!


I'm really enjoying Slimming World. Little things like getting a round of applause from the group and a certificate calling you 'Slimmer of the Week' don't sound like much but the praise and encouragement really helps to keep you motivated and on track. I think we should celebrate our successes daily - even the 'little' ones.

When I was handed the basket of goodies and my certificate I actually felt like Miss World! I wanted to go home and get out my tiara and wear it for the rest of the day (just like I did the other time I felt like 'Queen for a Day' when I won the show on BBC Radio Leeds) - see here! But this time I didn't. I had to do boring stuff like take the car to the garage and get in some supermarket shopping. But I will. I plan to do it again - I loved the applause and the goodies and I want another certificate for my fridge, so I'm determined. If I don't do it this week, I'll do it another week - and when it happens, I WILL wear my tiara for the rest of the day. Wish me luck!

Thanks for visiting! You are looking hot today! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.