Well That's Christmas Entertainment Sorted! (Plus a Reader Competition!)

This year we are having both my parents and my husbands family over for Christmas Day. As we have a system within the family, each household takes it in turns to host Christmas Day so I have to do 'the big event' once every three years.

I've been slowly stocking up on food that will keep and booze, but this week my thoughts turned to what kind of entertainment we'd need for the day. I want to be sure that there is something for everyone and I think I've got it cracked! After the big dinner, we'll have an XBox 360 Kinect set up in the conservatory and bingo in the main living room!

The XBox belongs to my brother in law so he'll have his own games for it, however I know he's into sport, so to save my mother from having to play golf (which she can't do!), I have got a game for it that I know will appeal to the whole family -whatever age. It is the new Grease Dance game!

I tried it out to check it would be easy enough for everyone to do and I have to say, we had a hilarious time testing it! Once we had set up profiles for all the players for the Kinect (which you have to do before playing) we went into the game. The Grease music belted out from the TV screen, and when it does you can't help but tap your toes. My husband and daughter played against each other first, and it was highly entertaining for me to watch!

Here they are doing some moves!


They went on the 'dance' option. There are a few ways to play the game including karaoke but the dance option unlocks the extra songs quicker, so we gravitated to that. Hubby chose the track 'Grease is the Word', and they stood side by side and followed the moves of the cartoon man and woman on the screen.

I think the funniest thing about doing games like these are doing them when you have company (not just alone) because the player has fun playing but it is also very entertaining to watch the players busting their moves on the dancefloor too! After the song ended, you have the option to check your photos, and this is where the Kinect device has taken pictures of you dancing and shows them back to you! For the Grease game, they put photos within a high school yearbook - you can see my hubby doing 'The Bomb' here!



Afterwards I danced against my daughter to "Look at me I'm Sandra Dee". She won of course! The Grease Dance game will be brilliant to have on Christmas Day as I know that I can get Grandparents up playing, my kids will definitely want to dance and we have loads of relatives in their 20's who can show us all how it's done! I have three copies of Grease Dance on the XBox 360 Kinect to give away. See the end of this post for details of how to enter. You can also learn more about this game here.

Another game I tried this week is the newly launched Zumba Fitness 2. It comes out today, you can see it on Amazon here. This time the game is for me as I didn't get much of a look in when we played Grease Dance! I'm reserving this game to play on Boxing Day so I can start to work off everything I ate and drank the day before!

I love zumba. I go to a class twice a week at my gym, but I've never done it solo at home before. I wasn't sure if I'd get the full effect of a class by myself at home, but you can actually do a class with this game! I did a couple of dances by following the on screen woman and the game knows how you are doing as you put the wii controller into your Zumba belt which you get with the game. After my dance, I could feel the muscles at the tops of my thighs so I knew it was working! Plus the game crowned me as a 'Zumba Legend!' I was quite pleased with that- especially as it meant I unlocked a new game to try later.

Here is the packshot of the new Zumba game, I have three of these to give away:


...and here is the Zumba trailer. I challenge you to watch this and NOT bop your head or tap your feet. I think it really captures what Zumba is about. I just feel so happy after doing Zumba!


COMPETITION TIME!
I have three copies of each game to give away to Juggle Mum readers. That is
- 3x Grease Dance for XBox 360 Kinect
-3x Zumba Two for Nintendo Wii

To win one, all you have to do is leave a comment with your email address or a way of contacting you (so I can get your postal address), and say which game you would like. I will choose six winners by random number generation on the closing date of Friday 9th December 2011.

Terms and Conditions:

• This competition will run from the 25 November to 6am on the 9th December 2011
• The winners will be chosen at random and contacted via email or whatever contact method they left in the comments
• Competition is open to residents of the UK and NI only
• Prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative is available. I only have Grease for the XBox Kinect and Zumba for the Wii. They cannot be 'swopped around'.



Thanks for visiting! You are looking hot today! x

48 comments:

  1. i would love to win the zumba

    @ashlallan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the Zumba please

    @littleboo_21
    http://boorootiggertoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have to be Grease please (although would love zumba kids outrule me *grin*)

    @loobyvee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a copy of Zumba 2 please.

    @claraliz101

    ReplyDelete
  5. would love to win the zumba please


    ianmaciver@onetel.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. If i win could I have Zumba 2 please (den71cross@yahoo.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grease Dance for XBox 360 Kinect please - @clairew137
    clairew137@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to win Zumba 2 - I have a couple of dance games for my Wii, but I've played htem so often I barely have to look at the screen to get the moves now .... I need a new challenge!
    I am @lovewinning over on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zumba Two for Nintendo Wii please as i just got a wii andd it's so much fun. email chrisma232@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love zumba, i fancy having a go it looks like good fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love zumba, i fancy having a go it looks like good fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a copy of Zumba 2, please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zumba 2 please.

    @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please could I have the Grease Dance for XBox 360 Kinect?
    Great competition - merry Christmas all!
    @emma1111111

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love rumba for the wii :) i would drag the whole family into doing it with me ;)

    Lisab7919@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to win the Grease Dance for the Xbox 360.. I would have soooo much fun with this game :)
    natalie.white44@tiscali.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would love Zumba Two for when I get a Wii
    dianecarey6@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to win Zumba for the Wii please
    dcavender@fsmail.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I would love to win Grease Dance for the XBox 360 please :) @Andiepowpow

    ReplyDelete
  20. Zumba Two for the Nintendo Wii would be great!
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to win Zumba 2 please!
    @Isis1981uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. great prizes. either of these would be played to death in our house

    janineatkin82@msn.com

    @zeniebeenie

    ReplyDelete
  23. would love the zumba!!! ceritindale@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Grease Dance would be brilliant please!

    You can contact me at twitter @Laura_Cookies or on cookielaura1@gmail.com

    Great blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to win the Grease game - I have tried the demo and loved it!!
    Thanks for the competition and Merry Christmas!!

    I am @ncsmummy on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  26. Get prize, lets get physical. Love the Grease Dance for XBox 360 Kinect, if lucky.

    I can be found hiding on twitter here @phyllgerry

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! :D
    I would like to win the Zumba 2 game for the Wii hopefully it wont gather dust like my wii fit game has!!
    gilly
    can be contacted at steveandgilly@hotmail.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would like the Zumba Two if I am lucky enough to be chosen

    You can find me at @e4b4 or e4b4@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would love the Zumba game so I can get fit in the New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love to win the Zumba game! @hippy_chick42

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love either of these games - Grease would suit me best but my teenage kids would love the Zumba.

    maggieleung222@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love the Zumba game!

    12kazuko12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'd love to win the Zumba game! :)

    filipa.comp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love to win grease for the xbox 360 please
    twitter : @mummee24
    facebook : clare louise allen

    ReplyDelete
  35. lizzie901@hotmail.com
    I think I'm going to need Zumba 2 after all the mulled wine, baileys and mince pies I've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would like to win the Zumba Two for Nintendo Wii

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi
    I would love a chance to win the Wii one please. Sadly we can't have Kinect as our room is too small. Boo!
    Thankyou.
    mrspilbrow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Zumba fitness please!! really going to need it come January... will_i_stop_chasing_rainbows@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would love either! but Zumba 2 would be my favourite. Been wanting to buy it for a while, but there always seems something else to buy 1st :)

    rachelvass1982@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Would love to win Grease Dance although I'm not sure I could keep dancing for the whole length of any of the songs because I'd be too out of breath from trying to sing both the Olivia Newton John and John Travolta parts...plus doing the 'well-a-well-a-ugh bits in summer nights :-) @piperanddaisy

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would love to win the Wii Zumba game please.

    @2668looby.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would love to win the Wii Zumba game please. @essexgirlSE

    ReplyDelete
  43. would love to win the zumba, then i could lose some weight after christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This Competition is now closed.
    Winners will be notified.
    Thank you.
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.