I Don't Know How We Do It!



This weekend a new movie comes out called 'I Don't Know How She Does It' starring Sarah Jessica Parker, and as it's my birthday at the weekend, I'm off to see it! I'm sure I'll recognise myself in the main character- juggling all the balls, the kids, the work, the home, relationship with husband, but from what I've seen of the trailers, I definitely don't stay awake at night making lists - I'm passed out as soon as my head hits the pillow! (BTW- did you see the music video I made with the kids about being 'passed out', It's pretty awesome!) Oh, and the trailer for the SJP movie is here.

So that is at the end of this week - but at the beginning of this week my boy started full time school. Last week was 'easing in gradually', each day getting longer and this week it is full on until 3.15pm. Which means that for the first time in 8 years, I have my days uninterrupted and can actually work without having to break off to make someone a sandwich or I can go to a meeting without having to dash off afterwards, arriving at nursery for the lunchtime collection by the skin of my teeth!

It made me think about mums who either stay at home to be with the kids in their early years, or mums who work from home (doing exactly the same as SAHMs but with work on top too!) When 'mum' wants to look for work again, it can be hard to know what to put on your CV to account for those years, so here is what I've come up with!

(Date) to present:

Managed schedules and logistics for family of four; balanced priorities to create and execute budget; motivated, coached and counselled children; taught and modelled ethics; designed and implemented creative projects with my small team; managed the flow of information to that team; worked with teachers to closely monitor academic performance; skill development of subordinates within my small team, planned, organised and supervised extracurricular school activities; purchased clothing, food and supplies within a tight budget; prepared and served multitude of nutritious meals for four and more on occasion; coordinated medical care and general health maintenance for all family members; established clear requirements and disciplined children when necessary; drove children to schools, gymnastics, dance class and more ensuring the importance of being on time is understood by the team; negotiated with suppliers; paid invoices; reconciled accounts; arranged for home and vehicle maintenance and repairs; maintained clean home and clothes for family; provided lots of hugs, kisses and encouragement.

What would you add to this list? ...and aren't you amazed about the amount we get done!

Thanks for visiting! You are looking hot today! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.