At Home Column #10 - Posh in 60 Seconds!

I made it my mission this week to find the easiest way to go from bedraggled to beautiful in one minute flat because this is all the time I usually have to work on myself on a morning – after the kids are dressed and fed, dishwasher put on and the days schoolbags and work materials collated and bundled in the car! I’ve scared the kids on the school run before now with my pale, colourless face and frizzy hair when there has been no time to get some blusher on or the GHDs out, so whilst I was in organisation mode, I decided to do a make-up edit.

I have a make-up kit on my bedroom dresser that contains everything I need to pull together a look, but often once I’ve got the kids downstairs and eating breakfast from the kitchen table, I never seem to get the chance to get back up the stairs to fix my face, and I drive to school naked (face wise anyway!), so I created a second make-up bag to keep in my glove box, so I can grab a minute when we get to school, to apply my look in the car.

The basics
This is what I’ve put together for a normal work day. The Youngblood tint (www.ybskin.co.uk) will give me a smooth base and has a nice consistency. Also, Denise Van Outen and Cheryl Cole use it so if it’s good enough for the red carpet, its good enough for my concrete streets of the school run! After that I’ve found a great colour stick from e.l.f that is a multi-tasking product – the best kind! When we are doing the daily juggle, we need our ‘stuff’ to work as hard as we do. I love this compact stick which takes up no space at all but in seconds you can add colour to your cheeks, eyes and lips, so you get a healthy glow in no time! The Complexion Perfection powder by e.l.f is another must have, I use this to even out my skin tone before I head to the gym, so my face looks more awake than I feel first thing, but then I don’t have a face full of make up to take off when I get there! (www.eyeslipsface.co.uk)

Because I have long hair, it gets in my way sometimes, but the new Linziclips will hold up long hair without putting an annoying kink in the hair, which you can get with other clips! Plus, as it has a patented flat backed design, you can do a yoga class or rest your head on an early commute without it sticking uncomfortably into your head. If you have ever tried to lay down with a regular butterfly clip in, you’ll know what I mean! You can get them from Amazon or www.linziclip.com and if you love a bit of bling, they have just brought out a fab diamante range!

Good preparation
To achieve the best look, the skin underneath needs to be well nourished, and I found pure moisturising genius from Italian spa brand Comfort Zone (www.comfortzoneskincare.com). Their Glorious Skin Serum has been dubbed ‘botox in a bottle’ and gives a lifting effect with regular use. It smells really nice too!

When you are rushing around all day, it’s easy to forget to moisturise your lips, but Eco Lips will help you to avoid neglecting your smallest area! Their lip balm has organic ingredients and is also sun protection with SPF 15. But the best thing is the aluminum carabineer clip which attached the lip balm to your bag, buggy or jacket, so you cannot fail to take it with you! (www.forever-natural.co.uk)

The multi tasking Balaton Spa Face Mask made it into my kit when I decided on a pamper night, but the kids ended up getting in the bath with me! The mask has immediate effects like a mini face lift, and the jar is enough for 16 full facials, so maybe I’ll have better luck getting some bathroom time alone next time! (www.balaton-spa.co.uk)

...and for pure glam!
The easiest way to get a highly groomed look in less than 20 seconds is to use a fake bun, but this only works if you have hair long enough to get into a ponytail- however short! All you do is clip on the ready-made bun and you look like Alesha Dixon! No seriously, you do! I can literally go from scruff to sleek in 30 seconds by scraping my hair back and using a hair-piece, and these are a bargain! They are only £14.99 from www.beautyworksonline.com - no Jugglista should be without one!

I really hope these tips help you in your busy day. If you know of any time saving beauty tips or products that I’ve missed, tell me about them below!



I write a fortnightly column for At Home - the Premier UK celebrity and lifestyle magazine, and this one appeared on their site www.AtHomeMagazine.co.uk a month ago. Do visit At Home and leave me a comment on the post there so they get to see your opinions too!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Author
Nadine Hill is a busy working mum (“Is there any other kind?!”) who has a fascination with time management which borders on the obsessive! She loves to find more effective ways of doing the daily juggle whilst enjoying the journey and has lots of practise through raising her two children, managing her small business, being a best-selling author, running her home, public speaking and finding time to get to the gym! Nadine’s ambition is to help busy mums claw back a bit of ‘me time’ so she shares her tips with at home in these fortnightly columns and her own life stories on her blog- Juggle Mum.
She also micro blogs on Twitter where she is @Businessmum. You can learn more about Nadine at www.NadineHill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.