Mums The Boss - Yes, She Really is!

Yesterday I got my high heels out of the cupboard where they have not seen daylight since 2010 and went to my wardrobe to select a suitably appropriate dress to wear to glam me up a bit for my speaking gig to the yummy mummies at Mums The Boss South Yorkshire!

This business networking group contained about 20 mums in business, ranging from a life coach to a jewellery guru to a Virtual Assistant and many other professions in between! Sarah who organises the group was really friendly and welcoming and kept me in cups of tea throughout the morning, and after my stressful car journey through rush hour traffic with 3 accidents on the motorway, I really needed them!

My speech was entitled “Be Yourself – Everyone else is Taken!” and focused on how we should not hide our true selves in business, and that working out what makes us different can actually provide some useful angles with which to market our businesses. I talked a little about my last book which came out in 2009 and became an Amazon best-seller on launch day, and briefly mentioned my new book, due out this year, which is about time management!

My story about recording a Christmas Day broadcast for BBC Radio Leeds went down well when I told them how I turned up wearing my wedding tiara because I felt like the Queen that day and wanted to show it! At least, I hope I didn’t come across as a mad-woman! The only thing I’m sad about is that I had to cut a chunk out of my speech because I was keeping an eye on the clock, only having 30 minutes to speak, and I was running out of time!

The ladies present really enjoyed the speech and were kind enough to write me some lovely testimonials. I’ve posted them onto my speaking website here so you can see their thoughts.

Here is a picture of me (centre) with Helen from Mums The Boss Head Office (L) and Sarah Chapman of seven twelve PR. (R)



I’m working on increasing my speaking business now so this event was great practise for all the other seminars I hope to be at later in the year!

I hope you like my blog. I feel like a party host and you are my guests so it's important to me that you feel welcome! Do follow this blog so I know who my guests are! Your support really makes a difference. x

2 comments:

  1. I am that Business and Life Coach ! What an inspirational speaker . Your best tip is to just get on and try something, keep smiling ,and i love the tips on managing your time using your i phone timer and calendar. I am passing this on to my coaching clients ! Above all I agree you can choose to 'Have fun ' along the way..i really enjoyed the talk at Mums the Boss S Yorks where we all have fun and cake whilst networking ! So thanks Nadine and keep blogging ...we will all be following you !
    Karen Perkins www.karenperkinslifecoach.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen for your comment!
    It was lovely to meet you and all the other ladies at the meeting. It's a nice group you have there, and I'm so glad I could be of help!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.