Cock a Doodle Doo! I met Cornelius!

Which of the following statements do you think is true?
1. I once kissed Ian Beale from EastEnders!
2. I have my face on a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes!
3. I'm a secret game show addict and have been on Wheel of Fortune, Blankety Blank, The Weakest Link and Who Wants to be a Great Cook!

The answer is that all three are true but it's the Kellogg's Corn Flakes that came true most recently!

Last week I was invited to Kellogg's Head Office in Manchester to an event called 'Snap Crackle & Blog', an event for Mummy Bloggers. The team at Kellogg's wanted to reach out to the mummy blogging community and so got thirteen of us 'Northern bloggers' together for a day of information, cereal making and fun with the kids!



Here is a picture of me and the girls!

I'm the one doing a weird curtsy at the front. I was trying to not block anyone's head!! Do you like our jazzy aprons?

...and this is my face on a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes


Do you know how many people I've fooled with this box? I keep telling people that these special edition boxes are on sale in ASDA with my face on and they are amazed until I crack and have to confess that that box is the only one in the world! Kellogg's kindly made a personalised box for each of us to take home as a souvenir of the day- cool, isn't it?! How many other people can say they've been featured on a box of Corn Flakes?

We had some talks from the Kellogg's MD and a nutritionist, then we were let loose on making our own cereals. Mine was called "Bling!" and involved oats and cranberries! My son came with me and loved meeting Tony the Tiger and the Coco Pops monkey (AKA Dan and Phil in Sales!) but the kids didn't seem to care!


So 'who is Cornelius' I hear you ask... Well this is the name of the cockerel who adorns the Kellogg's box. Can you believe it? I didn't realise he had a name! Isn't that cool?

Oh! ... and the Ian Beale thing? I was 12 and he did a personal appearance at a teenage hang out in the mid 80's! He was the first 'famous person' I'd ever met and he gave me a peck on the cheek!! Given the choice to go through that again, I'd rather have a bowl of Corn Flakes!

I hope you like my blog. I feel like a party host and you are my guests so it's important to me that you feel welcome! Do follow this blog so I know who my guests are! Your support really makes a difference. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.