At Home Column #5: The Busy Mum's Bucket List!



Mums lead the way in time management, even the most disorganised mum is a million times more effective with her day than she was pre-kids. But what’s the use in shaving time off the boring but necessary tasks if we don’t use the time we save to our own ends? I think it’s pointless to get a job done quickly just to do more jobs, so I’m asking mums to really have a think about what they want from life, and make time for it.

Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about my Bucket List! I’m not being morbid or anything but I see my babies getting bigger and with my youngest is at nursery now, there is a realisation that time is ticking. Before I kick the bucket I want to be sure I’ve done most of the things in life I really fancy, so I compiled a little list! Hopefully it will inspire you to write your own list then start doing some of the things you want to do. Doing the daily juggle can keep you very grounded in reality, and it’s nice to have a dream, so for every Jugglista out there, take 10 minutes out of your day this week to lie back and dream up your own list. See if any of my ambitions resonate with you....

  • Go to Fashion College – done!
  • Write a book – done!
  • Go to a music festival – in progress!
  • Dine at Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons
  • Travel on the Orient Express for my 25th wedding anniversary
  • Stay at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills
  • Take in a show at the Moulin Rouge, Paris
  • Do a sky dive from 20,000 feet
  • Learn to play the piano
  • Go in a submarine to view a shipwreck – maybe Titanic!
  • Visit Niagra Falls
  • Perfect the art of juggling three balls – in progress!
  • Make a model village of my home and surrounding area
  • Stay in my pyjamas all day and watch every box set of 24
  • See a headline show in Las Vegas
  • Take my children to see Santa in Lapland
  • Attend the TED talks in America
  • Eat strawberries and cream at Wimbledon’s Centre Court
  • Climb the Eiffel Tower
  • Prepare a Christmas dinner for all the family – by myself! I am learning, this one is in progress!
  • Go behind the scenes at Walt Disney HQ
  • Fill up my Pandora bracelet – in progress!
  • Learn how to blow glass
  • Go to a red carpet film premiere
  • Complete all the levels on the game Donkey Kong
  • Go on a champagne Hot Air Balloon ride
  • Be a guest speaker on a luxury cruise-liner

So what’s on your Bucket List? What you want to do? Have you done any of the things on mine? If so, let me know how you found them! Drop me a comment below to share!

I write a fortnightly column for At Home - the Premier UK celebrity and lifestyle magazine, and this one appeared on their site www.AtHomeMagazine.co.uk a month ago. Do visit their website and leave me a comment on the post at this address so they get to see your opinions too!

3 comments:

  1. My kids are still just 1 and 2, so I'd love to actually have a bucket list. At the moment my life still revolves around nappy changes and shouting "put that down!"! (Sometimes "Put your brother down!") I keep hoping things will settle down in a few years and I'll get some of my sanity back and be able to think about beyond my kids' bedtime. People tell me it gets easier, anyway!

    Thanks for entering the blog carnival :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although not managed every box set of 24 in one day ... have definitely stayed in pj's for a whole weekend to watch one set!
    Great list ... and there are some things on there I would also love to do!
    Good luck with yours ;0)
    ~ Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Helen and Cerendipity for your comments!
    It's great to hear how other people's lives are!!
    Nadine
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.