Review: Fade Out Moisturisers



**This is a Product Review Post**

Product Name: Fade Out Skincare Products
Buy Here: Boots, Savers, Superdrug and Independent Pharmacies
Price: From £7.99 to £8.99
Star Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

The blurb: An advanced range of mass market skincare products to visibly brighten, even out skin tone and restore a youthful, natural radiance. This re-launched range is being compared to Clinique and can help solve and prevent pigmentation problems such as hyperpigmentation, freckles, age spots, melasma and sun spots, to achieve a flawless, youthful glow.

Initial Thoughts: I do suffer from uneven skin tone and dark circles under my eyes - these are just my genetic make up. My daughter has a similar complexion, but I've learned to conceal dark circles and even up my skin tone over the years with make up. So I was keen to see whether these products could make any real difference to the natural state of my skin.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to blog this, but in the interests of visual proof on this review, here is a picture of me looking very tired 'before'!

...and this is me after 4 weeks of use:


Now bear in mind that I'm make up free on both pictures (hence my reluctance to post my bare naked face!) but what do you think?
The first picture was taken when I was extremely tired one morning. I don't always look like this! Plus you have to bear in mind that the second photo is taken in more flattering light - it is sunny and I'm stood by the window against a yellow curtain, but to be honest, I personally cannot see any real difference on my skin, when I look in the mirror, as I still have uneven skin tone.

I Liked: The day and the night cream both moisturised. They were a nice, thick consistency and they kept my skin feeling moisturised and soft, but as for any 'fading out', I'd have to disagree. I don't have freckles to speak of, so for me, the aim was to even out and brighten my skin tone. I would probably say that my skin is a little brighter on the second photo, but not massively so.

I wasn't Keen: The smell of the product is not very nice. It's not stomach churning or anything, after all, I did use it for 4 weeks day and night, but it wasn't as pleasant as my usual Olay moisturiser. I stuck with it to do the trial and also I don't like to waste, but once these pots are used up, I won't be dashing out to buy new ones.

Overall: The product is a moisturiser and it does moisturise, so this product is not a total loss. I really don't like the smell all that much so now this trial is over I might just use up the pots as a body lotion and rub it on my legs where I don't have to smell it!

I hope you like my blog. I feel like a party host and you are my guests so it's important to me that you feel welcome! Do follow this blog so I know who my guests are! Your support really makes a difference. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.