Review: Babysitting Mama Game for Wii

**This is a Product Review Post**
Product Name:
Babysitting Mama game for Nintendo Wii
Buy Online Here:
http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Wii/Activity/Cooking-Mama-World-Babysitting-Mama/~r351381/?s=babysitting+mama
Price:
RRP £49.99 but use the link above for GAME to get it for £39.99
Star Rating:
5 out of 5 stars

The blurb:
Babysitting Mama is the first videogame to come bundled with a life-sized baby doll peripheral designed exclusively by Cooking Mama Limited. Wii owners will place the Wii Remote™ into a secure pouch in the doll’s back to bring it to life! Each doll is hand stitched, making no two babies exactly the same. Playing along with Mama, players will have to follow instructions to carry out all the duties of a diligent baby sitter, including feeding your baby food, playing with toy blocks, changing nappies and helping baby take its first steps.

Initial Thoughts: Seriously, this game is red hot!! When I first heard about the game, I knew my daughter would absolutely love it, but the surprise was that my husband and I really loved it too! We laughed the whole time we were playing one night, after the kids were in bed!! Have you ever seen the TV show 'An Idiot Abroad'? Well my husband kind of looks like Karl Pilkington and is as 'dry' as him with his humour, and I really thought that he was him on this task! Here is a picture of Simon 'burping' the baby...

It was hilarious! We loaded up the game and got the doll ready with the control then set about 'choosing a baby'. After this we wanted to change its nappy but the game wouldn't let us - it seems you have to do certain things in order, so you can unlock new tasks as you progress. We ended up going to comfort the baby. This involved gently rocking it as the doll made gurgling sounds, children would really love this as it is being 'just like mum'! After Simon swayed the baby a little, it started crying, so he said he'd take it out for a drive in a minute - this is what we did with our daughter when she wouldn't sleep! It made us laugh, remembering the crazy plodding up and down in the middle of the night we used to do - desperate for some sleep!

I Liked: After we comforted the baby, we then fed it with 'milk'. This was where you tilt the Wii control at an angle to put the bottle in, then use the on screen measure to keep the bottle at the right angle. This is harder than it sounds and the bottle kept dropping out of the screen baby's mouth, making it cry! The doll makes 'Mmm' sounds, like it is taking in milk and occasionally says 'Mama'. After feeding the next task was 'burping' the baby - this bit had me in stitches! In 'real life', I breast-fed my two and after I would always hand the baby over to Simon for winding, so he could take part in the whole feeding thing too. This made him an 'expert burper' and on this game he achieved a perfect score when burping the doll! It was so funny watching him do it all again with the Wii doll, and I took loads of pictures of him, for my own amusement! However, he couldn't get the hang of soothing the baby. As the screen said "Just do it like Mama", he tried to rock the baby in time, but at the end his score was a measly 36 points. Mama said "You'll do better next time!" in an encouraging way, to which my husband replied "Cheeky cow!"

Here is Simon rocking the baby!


I wasn't Keen:
There wasn't anything to dislike about this game. Kids will love to role play at 'being mum', and there are enough tasks to master to keep them busy for a while! It's fascinating that Nintendo have created a doll to game with, I'm intrigued to know what they will come up with next!

Overall: My 7 YO daughter and 3 YO son will love this game. My daughter is a big fan of Cooking Mama on the Nintendo DS and my son is starting to play with this game too - chopping and stirring, so the Babysitting Mama with its doll is even better! It is an excellent way for families to introduce the idea of a new baby in the house in a 'child friendly' way, and had this been around 3 years ago when my son was born, I definitely would have bought one so my daughter could have played with it and learned what new babies are like, before the reality hit! For a Christmas gift that is sure to be played for years in a young household, this game would make an excellent present!

I hope you like my blog. I feel like a party host and you are my guests so it's important to me that you feel welcome! Do follow this blog so I know who my guests are! Your support really makes a difference. x

2 comments:

  1. Eve that fashion is not a luxury but a way to express yourself . Sulbha brings to you the hidden treasures in ethnic and hippie women clothing from South Asia. We are here to make your shopping experience for traditional Indian Clothes, Pakistani and groovy hippie, 60's fashion, yoga & tantra clothing simple, easy & fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm.. Indian clothes - I can see you haven't read the article!!

    In other news, I've had 2 mums at the school gate come to me and say they want to get Babysitting Mama after reading my review!! I had to tell them, it really was that funny when we reviewed it. It's a great game!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.