Naughtiness in a Fur Coat!

Have you ever had one of those days when everyone seems to be 'in on the joke' except you?!

Today I went to the supermarket and I really have to concentrate when I'm food shopping. Fashion shopping on the other hand, I find a breeze! I always have the right undies on for trying on what I want, and can 'speed scan' a busy shop in 20 seconds if necessary, but food shopping requires more concentration.

I never know what foods to put with what, I worry that I will forget something and have to go back and it is just overall quite stressful, so when I was loading up my goods on the conveyor (tins and boxes first, eggs, crisps and bread at the end so that my 'light bags' are on top in the trolley!) I was busy concentrating on whether I'd put all the boxes together (so they are easier to pack at the other end when all the stuff is flying through the checkout - I don't like a back-log!) that when the checkout operator spoke to me I was a bit taken aback!

"Have you got naughtiness in a fur coat?" She asked.
"What!" I exclaimed - very surprised. What exactly was she saying?! I thought she was quite 'bolshy and forward'! I mean, was she asking if I'm 'all fur coat and no knickers'?! This is what I was thinking! 'How dare she?!'

I was about to reply, in a suitably 'affronted' tone, when she smiled and said "Have you got naughtiness in a fur coat?", nodding toward the cat food that she'd just scanned!

"Oh!" I smiled, "I see what you mean! Yes, we have 2 naughty fur coats around the house"

When I'm in the supermarket concentrating on the food, I'm in another world!

Being organised saves time, money, boosts your productivity and helps you enjoy the 'little stuff' of life. Like my content? I'd be honoured if you added me to your blogroll and followed this blog - your support really does make a difference. x

2 comments:

  1. Professor of DenimologyJuly 29, 2010 at 9:16 AM

    I hardly ever go to the supermarket and when I do I like to meander around aimlessly for hours! Philip does our shopping and he is so organised that he gets annoyed with me if I write items on the shopping list in the wrong order ... they have to be listed in the order he arrives at them in the shop :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Philip can find the sandwiches!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.