Race for Life - Having the Time of My Life!

When I ran the Race for Life in aid of Cancer Research last year, I had no expectations other than I just wanted to finish! It was a 5k run, jog or walk (I went somewhere in between jogging and walking) and I finished in 50 minutes. I have to admit that it nearly did me in though! My legs were jelly afterwards and it took me ages to recover!

So this year my goal was to do the 5k in less than 50 minutes when I ran the Race for Life just a few weeks ago. I felt more confident this year because I knew I'd done it once and this always helps! I didn't really mind what time I did as long as it was less than 50 minutes, but I would have loved to have done it in 45.

I completed the 5k race in 40 minutes and 17 seconds! Shaving a whole ten minutes off my time of last year!! I can't begin to describe how good that felt!

This picture shows me last year (on the right) and this year (on the left)


You can probably see I've lost some weight since last year!

My fundraising page is still open in case you would like to sponsor me and help raise funds for Cancer Research. See it here.

I got such a 'high' from completing the race and doing it in such a great time that I feel a bit addicted to it! I've already signed up for next year's race and to keep me fit over the summer I've also signed up to run again next month at another Race for Life!

Being organised saves time, money, boosts your productivity and helps you enjoy the 'little stuff' of life. Like my content? I'd be honoured if you added me to your blogroll and followed this blog - your support really does make a difference. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.