Time management from a man's perspective

This web post made me smile!

It could only be a man’s perspective… The key to time management is ….. to get better at what you do!!!

How funny. We are already the best at what we do babes! It’s just that sometimes there aren’t enough hours in the day, no matter how organised we are!!! Without being sexist here, I have to say that it’s biological - men are linear. They are very focused, will do one task at at time until it is complete and really lets face it, aren’t as adept at multi-tasking as us women. In Tim Ferris’ s book
The 4 Hour Work Week, his advice about Time Management is “Don’t do it!”

Whereas women are all encompassing. We can hold a conference call whilst roasting a chicken and bouncing the baby on our hip, texting our BFF and putting on mascara! I swear, I actually did this once - nowadays I’d leave the texting until after because anything that requires brainpower should be done separately and the client conference call is more deadline specific. What I call ‘mindless tasks’ can be done in their many at the same time.

My husband is generally fantastic but on occasion I have to wonder about his observational skills. He just doesn’t seem to notice the pile of stuff on the stairs that needs to go up - he’ll walk right past it. Or when he boils the kettle for a cuppa, he can do that and read his paper at the same time, but when I boil a kettle the few minutes that takes are spent loading / unloading the dishwasher, putting on a washload, sorting the drying and listening to the 6 year old’s reading for school. Not a second of time is wasted - every minute being productive, and this is the same for the majority of women I know.

So never mind getting better - we’re already the best! The real secret to time management? …….become a woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.