Learning new tricks all the time!

I’m jazzed!

I have just found another way to make my life easier and regular readers will know that I LOVE to make things as easy as possible!!

Thursday is my
‘dynamite day’ where I already have loads to cram in to an already busy schedule, so on a Thursdsay I try to use slow cooked food for our evening meal so it can be cooking whilst we are all at the swimming lesson which ends at 5pm. Well tonight I have my Toastmasters meeting too so this afternoon is as jam packed as possible, and it would be hard to squeeze in time to do a little cooking before the lesson (although sometimes I do!)

We are having sausage casserole and mash tonight but after grilling the sausages they need just 40 minutes in the oven with the casserole sauce and the mash takes just 30 minutes in total so this is usually a meal I would prepare when we get back from swimming. Only problem there is that everyone is hungry and hunger leads to tantrums from my toddler and attitude from my 6 year old, so I try to be as timely as possible with the food!

This afternoon I had a slight lull whilst I was grabbing a sandwich between clients so I made the food then - all the grilling and potato peeling etc. The meal is prepared in the oven and will just need re-heating when we get back in. I am really pleased that I decided to prepare a few hours before I needed the food - I’ll have to see how it all tastes and how happy everyone is tonight when we get back to deem it a complete success but I love to shave time off tasks where I can. Doing it this way keeps my stress levels lower - I really dislike having immediate demands make of me when I’m juggling a hundred other things - I much prefer to do my hundred things one at a time - spinning my plates!

Gotta leave now or we’ll be late for swimming - I’ve asked my daughter 3 times to turn off the telly and it’s still on! Looks like I’d better get back on the case!

If you want to know about time management, just ask any working mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me - I love comments! xx

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.